Murray Thornhill | Litigation & Dispute Resolution | Director & Notary Public
As one of two Directors of HHG Legal Group, Murray is a leader in dispute resolution and litigation, and has led the business and government division of HHG Legal Group since 2003.
Murray is an experienced, skilled and efficient commercial dispute resolution lawyer. He leads and co-ordinates our litigation, commercial and property teams – Murray’s practice focuses on dispute resolution for SME’s and individuals in construction, insolvency, employment, and trusts and estate litigation. He has represented clients in most Courts and tribunals in WA and the Federal and High Courts, and has also advised substantial charities, school associations, principals, board members and other non-profit bodies on their unique legal challenges. He is also an experienced presenter & educator on a range of legal issues to industry and to professional and government bodies. Murray is a Notary Public with experience in all aspects of notary work.
Murray mainly deals with matters relating to
- Trade practices
- Complex contractual and project management disputes
- Construction disputes
- Professional liability
- Inheritance disputes
- Corporate governance advice
- Notarial services
Murray has been on a regional committee of the AICD (Great Southern Region) since 2009 and chair of that committee for several years. He is also an industry expert with WA leaders and South West Leaders, and has been a judge of various business awards/panels over many years. Murray has also been actively involved in and/or provided governance advice to:
- Several Law Society of WA committees;
- HHG Giving Back – the charitable arm of HHG Legal Group supporting 4 key charities;
- Various industry bodies in property, construction, mining services and related industries;
- WAFL club (including a current board member);
- Various local governments across WA
- The Public Notary Society (WA)
Murray’s legal career has also involved significant experience in a leading a boutique litigation firm, a top tier national firm and a historic regional practice.
Connect with Murray
- Committee Member Council of Public Notary Society of Western Australia
- Committee Member AICD Regional
- Member Quality Practice Standard Sub-Committee