Restraining orders can impact where you can go, what you do, where you live and even whether you can see your children. Sound advice about your restraining order matter can save you time, money and stress.
The HHG Criminal Law team advise and represent clients in this area of the law on a daily basis, we are familiar with the laws, procedure and strategies that can put you in the strongest possible position to either keep yourself safe in any application you make or to respond to unwarranted and unfair applications you may have had made against you.
In addition to representing you in court during the restraining order process, we provide comprehensive and practical advice about safety planning, your options for a negotiated settlement, and the effect of an undertaking or conduct agreement on your circumstances.
If you wish to defend your position at a final order trial hearing, you will need proficient counsel with regular trial experience. Unlike many other family law or generalist law firms, we have the experience and the expertise to represent clients who require trial representation at a final order trial hearing, without having to brief the matter out to a barrister at additional expense to the client. This can save you cost and time during what is often a very stressful and emotional time.
The matters we assist with include:
- Family Violence Restraining Orders (FVRO’s)
- Violence Restraining Orders (VRO’s)
- Misconduct Restraining Orders (MRO’s)
- Interim ex parte applications
- Mentions and Final Order Directions Hearings
- Final Order Hearings (Trial Hearings)
- Negotiation of undertakings and conduct agreements and VRO’s or MRO’s by consent
- Applications to vary restraining orders or to vary conduct agreements
- Costs applications against unsuccessful, frivolous or vexatious applications
- Safety planning and safety referrals (e.g. to refuges and other organisations)