The new law for incorporated associations in Western Australia (Associations Incorporation Act 2015) commenced today, 1 July 2016.
How does it affect your association?
All associations that were incorporated under the old law will continue to be incorporated under the new law.
If you were appointed as the association’s committee under the old law you will remain on the committee even though the new law has commenced.
You don’t need to reapply for membership.
Here is a checklist of some actions which committees should consider now that the new law has commenced:
- What changes to your rules are necessary to comply with the new law
- Notify the Department of Commence of the associations current address by 29 September 2016
- Check that the members of your committee are not disqualified under the new law from being responsible for running the association
- Give all new members a copy of the rules when they join
- Check what financial reporting tier applies to the association
- Prepare accounts that comply with the reporting tier of the association.
If you want to know more or require assistance please Freecall 1800 609 945 or email us now.