HHG Legal Group is proud to provide legal services to the growing media and technology sectors from our base in Western Australia, and to play a part in WA’s role as a rapidly growing hub for innovation, software development and information technology businesses. We are regularly called upon to work alongside innovators seeking to create and reach new markets in the new economy. Our lawyers understand the unique issues faced by start ups and established operators in these industries.
When developing any kind of innovation or technology, there is a need to have a legal audit on compliance and risk management issues to ensure it can be commercialised. We as your lawyers can guide you to understand your compliance obligations, negotiate robust contracts, resolve disputes, protect your product and promote its commercialisation. Our client base is varied, from SME businesses to charitable organisations, local to international.
We are also able to represent you in relation to legal issues in media and the online space. As communication is increasingly conducted online, there has been a rise in online defamation and consumer law issues. Our lawyers are experienced in advising on these emerging areas, and remain ahead of the curve in understanding new trends in media and the law.
- negotiating and drafting software and other IT licensing agreements
- advising on personal privacy principles and preparing privacy policies
- representing clients in disputes related to trade mark or copyright infringement, breaches of the Australian Consumer Law and passing off
- advising on investment products, including the developing crowdfunding sector and social impact bonds
- drafting defamation concerns notices, prosecuting defamation proceedings and defending defamation allegations
- protecting business confidentiality and trade secrets
- preparing and advising on click-wrap contracts
- advising on data security measures and defending claims relating to data security breaches
- mediation of, and employing other alternative dispute resolution methods in resolving, disputes in all of the above areas