FAMILY DIVORCE LAWYERS PERTH WA
HHG Legal’s Team Of Family Divorce Lawyers Perth WA
Our team of Divorce Lawyers Perth & in WA can assist you on how to get a divorce with meeting the above requirements. This includes if you have been separated but are still living under the same roof.
When can you create a divorce application?
The divorce process in Western Australia is fairly straightforward so there are still certain requirements that must be met for the Family Court to grant a divorce. These include proving to the Court that:
- You meet the jurisdictional connection with the law in Australia;
- Your marriage has broken down irretrievably;
- You and your spouse have been living separately and apart for at least 12 months;
- Arrangements have been made for the care of any children; and
- You have been married for at least 2 years (or alternatively you have attended counseling).
GET ASSISTANCE FROM OUR PERTH DIVORCE LAWYERS WA
Perth Family Divorce Lawyers Can Provide You With Divorce Legal Advice
HHG Legal Group’s divorce lawyers in Perth and WA will work alongside you during the divorce process. This includes the preparation of your Application for Divorce and any affidavits in support.
How to get a divorce and make a sole divorce application?
Parties can make an Application for Divorce to the Family Court. This is in their own name or jointly. A fee that is payable to the Court upon filing the application.
A Registrar of the Family Court will review the Application once filed. They will be required to attend a brief court hearing if a party has filed an Application for Divorce in their sole name.
How will a divorce affect your settlement agreements for your property?
You can finalise a settlement agreement for your property as soon as you have decided to separate.
You have only 12 months after your divorce to make an application for a property settlement since the separation. If you do not meet this deadline, you will need special permission from the Court to make an application in relation to a property settlement. Our family divorce lawyers Perth WA have work experience in these matters and can assist you if you find yourself in this situation.
- Post Valentines Day blues for married couples
- Scorned lovers and revenge porn
- What should be top of every separated parents Christmas list
- Marriage, divorce and estate planning
- What is partial property settlement?
- How do I apply for divorce?
- To vaccinate or not, who is responsible?
Contact Our Family Divorce Lawyers Perth WA
Are there Divorce Lawyers Near Me?
If you have any further questions or considering legal advice, please do not hesitate to contact our experienced team of Divorce Lawyers in Perth on 1800 609 945. We are here to help.